**Thank you for your interest in our internship program. If you would like to apply, our application portal will be open in April of 2024. If you have any questions, email us at HPRIR@mgh.harvard.edu.**
Students who are interested in the topics of clinical psychology, public health, cancer research, smoking cessation, and/or mind body interventions are encouraged to apply to the Health Promotion and Resiliency Intervention Research (HPRIR) undergraduate clinical research internship program at Massachusetts General Hospital.
This is a great opportunity for those who are looking to learn more about clinical research and working in a team environment. Research interns learn and hone skills in a variety of areas, including conducting literature reviews, qualitative coding (NVivo), database creation and maintenance (REDCap), manuscript preparation, etc.
The research intern will be an integral part of the HPRIR team, and they will work under the supervision of study Principal Investigators and Project Managers. This position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in gaining experience in the conduct of clinical research, particularly the areas of cancer survivorship, mind-body interventions, and health psychology. MGH is an equal opportunity employer, and we especially encourage individuals from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
Current main projects the research intern may assist on include the following:
You can learn more about active projects here.
Internship duties may include:
- Analyzing patient data to prepare reports
- Database creation
- Administrative tasks
- Scientific literature reviews
- Grant preparation
- Assisting with manuscript preparation
- Qualitative coding
- PowerPoint presentation preparation
- Database entry
- Attending research meetings
- Attending talks and presentations at MGH
- Commitment to working 12-15 hours/week (during weekday regular business hours, typically Monday through Thursday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM) and ability to attend requested meetings
- Commitment to working for 2 consecutive semesters (or 1 summer and 1 semester)
- Ability to be on-site at MGH 1 day/week
If you have additional questions, please email HPRIR@mgh.harvard.edu.
Note: this is an unpaid, learning experience and is not employment.