The Health Promotion and Resiliency Intervention Research (HPRIR) Center is a joint initiative between the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Mongan Institute and the MGH Department of Psychiatry to harness the strengths of interdisciplinary behavioral science delivery research.
HPRIR CENTER MISSION:
To develop, assess, implement, and disseminate evidence-based interventions focused on resiliency, health-promotion, illness prevention, and survivorship, through research, training, and advocacy.
WE AIM TO…
- Provide training on resiliency and behavioral interventions that meets the needs of all individuals.
- Develop and assess interventions that are accessible, sustainable, and integrated into healthcare systems.
- Advocate for health equity and integration of behavioral health treatments.
- Promote the translation of clinical research findings through implementation and dissemination.
Develop and assess interventions to:
- Promote illness prevention, early detection, and healthy lifestyles (tobacco and addiction treatment, physical activity, recuperative sleep).
- Manage chronic illness – from treatment to ongoing care, including survivorship.
- Enhance healthcare access and utilization across the illness spectrum.
- Adapt mind-body resiliency interventions for patients, providers, and communities.
- Leverage technology-based innovations to deliver interventions that enhance individuals’ emotional and physical well-being.
Provide training to:
- Educate students, investigators, and clinicians in resiliency and behavioral intervention research, including multi-phase projects and use of mixed methods.
- Cultivate expertise in health equities research.
- Teach clinical investigators how to conduct behavioral delivery science research.
- Engage trainees from underrepresented communities and from across career stages in mentored internships with HPRIR-affiliated faculty members.
Advocate for health equity and integration of mental and behavioral health treatments to:
- Facilitate systems-based integration of evidence-based resiliency and behavioral treatments.
- Develop relationships with community partners to strengthen intervention reach, relevance, and impact.
- Participate in community health events locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Engage in service through leadership roles in professional and advocacy organizations that focus on health equity and justice.
Promote the translation of clinical research findings through:
- Prioritizing local community and national outreach to design sustainable interventions.
- Partnering with local organizations and communities, healthcare networks, and national consortiums to facilitate translation of research findings into sustainable programs.
- Disseminate to the public (e.g., Twitter, interviews, social media) from late-breaking scholarship in health promotion and resiliency research.
OUR INTERVENTION EXPERTISE:
- Mind-body medicine interventions and treatments
- Stress management and resiliency interventions and treatments
- Cognitive-behavioral interventions
- Stage-based and risk-based motivational treatments for health behaviors
- Psychoeducational interventions and treatments
- Positive psychology interventions and treatments
- Problem-solving and emotion-focused coping skills-based interventions and treatments
- Biobehavioral measurement
- Phased intervention development